Get some ideas on what snacks to serve your toddler in order to support his healthy diet.
Toddlers require small, nutritious snacks between meals to fuel their growth and development. Snacks are also an ideal way to ensure your toddler is eating a healthy, balanced diet.
- Try to serve snacks that might be missed at meals – such as fruit and vegetables.
- The best snacks are small in size, nutritious and chosen from within the 4 food groups.
- Serve snacks 1 - 2 hours before meal times to avoid spoiling your child's appetite.
Some snack suggestions include:
- Diced fruit with vanilla yogurt as a dip
- Fruit smoothie
- Whole grain crackers and cheese
- Yogurt or whole milk
- Whole grain muffin
- Cut-up vegetables (such as mini carrots cut into narrow strips with dip or cottage cheese)
- Applesauce or other fruit purees
- Fruit cups
- Cookies such as graham cookies, animal crackers or social teas
- Whole grain cereal (dry or with whole milk)
- Hummus with whole grain crackers or cut-up vegetables
- Hard boiled or deviled eggs
- 1 serving of Enfagrow®