This recipe is ideal for the initial stages of starting solids, with a variety of vegetables contributing to vitamin intake. For an infant who is just starting with Nutramigen® A+® with LGG®, this recipe may act as a ‘taste introduction’ and help them get used to the formula.
Try individual vegetables at first and then combine as below.
Pea and potato purée
Makes approximately 3 portions (6 ice cubes)
- 50 g frozen peas
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 30 ml Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® (1/2 scoop powder to 30ml water)
- Boil or steam the potatoes.
- When soft, add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Drain and then purée, sieve or mash as required.
- Leave to cool then spoon out one portion, add Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® and stir.
- The remaining purée may be frozen. Add Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® after defrosting, reheating thoroughly and cooling to a safe feeding temperature to preserve the LGG® culture.
- If you want to add more formula, add baby rice cereal to thicken to the consistency required.
- If freezing the purée, add the baby rice cereal after defrosting and reheating thoroughly.
- Carrot and potato
- Butternut squash and parsnip
- Broccoli and sweet potato
- Sweet potato and cauliflower