- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Marinating Time: 15 minutes to 4 hours
- Cook Time: about 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
Learn more about protein
|1 lb||boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips)||500 g|
|1/2 cup||skim milk||125 mL|
|1/3 cup||dry bread crumbs or corn flakes cereal, finely crushed||75 mL|
|3 tbsp||freshly grated Parmesan cheese||45 mL|
|2 tsp||dried parsley||10 mL|
|1/4 tsp||freshly ground black pepper salt||1 mL|
- Place chicken in a shallow dish and pour in milk. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or for up to 4 hours. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and pepper. Remove chicken strips from milk and dip in crumb mixture, coating well. Place on prepared baking sheet. Discard any excess milk and crumb mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Nutrients per Serving
Variations: Add other dried herbs, such as thyme, basil or oregano. Replace some of the bread crumbs with ground flaxseed. From Chuey P., Campbell E., Waisman M.S.: Dietitians of Canada. Simply Great Food. Toronto, Ontario; Robert Rose Inc. 2007