This is a great recipe that your toddler can help you make!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 Omega-3 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) of prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour
- 2 pieces of whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter
By using Enfagrow® A+ ® and Omega-3 eggs, you can add between 40–65 mg of DHA per serving.
DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat) is important for your toddler’s normal brain and eye development.†
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat well. Then whisk in the Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan or griddle over gentle heat until it bubbles.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-low heat until it bubbles.
- Transfer the egg mixture into a shallow dish. Soak the bread in the egg mixture, flip over and repeat. Make sure the bread is totally covered.
- Carefully remove the soaked slices from the egg mixture, letting the excess liquid drain into the dish, and transfer the bread to the frying pan or griddle.
- With a spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there's no liquid left.
- Cook the bread on low heat until the underside is golden brown.
- Use a spatula to flip the bread over, and cook again until golden brown.
- Transfer the French toast onto a plate and serve.
Eat your French toast with powdered sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup, jelly, whipped cream or fruit on top. Use cookie cutters to make fun shapes. Garnish with your toddler’s favourite fresh fruit.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 toast)
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat)||40-65 g|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||41|
Note: Nutritional analysis is approximate and may vary depending on ingredient brands used and temperature of cooking
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age †Primarily in children up to 24 months of age