Try this Enfagrow ® A+ ® Chicken Nuggets recipe for toddlers!
Makes 2 servings
- 4 oz chicken breast
- ½ cup (125 mL) milled flax seed
- ½ cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- ½ tbsp (8 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) paprika
- 2 Omega-3 eggs
- 200 mL (1 serving) prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Milk Flavour
By using Enfagrow® A+ ® and Omega-3 eggs, you can add between 84 – 134 mg of DHA per serving. DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat) is important for your toddler’s normal brain and eye development.†
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flax seed meal, bread crumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and paprika. Mix well.
- Mix egg and prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Milk Flavour in a bowl or dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken pieces into the egg first, then coat with the flaxseed mixture. Place well coated chicken pieces on a lightly greased cookie sheet in a single layer, and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Flip chicken after 10 minutes.
Serving Suggestion Add some dip on the side such as ketchup, BBQ or honey-mustard sauce. Food Guide Serving Equivalents 1 serving of Milk and Alternatives
Nutritional Information per serving (1/2 cup)
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat)||84 - 134 mg|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||>100|
Note: Nutritional analysis is approximate and may vary depending on ingredient brands used and temperature of cooking
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age †Primarily in children up to 24 months of age