Makes 6 pancakes
- ¾ cup (175 mL) of whole wheat flour
- ½ tbsp (8 mL) baking powder
- 1 serving (200 mL) of prepared Enfagrow® A+® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour
- 1 Omega-3 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) 5 large diced strawberries
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- Beat in the prepared Enfagrow® A+® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour, egg and 1 ½ tbsp (22 mL) of oil with a whisk or electric mixer, beating until smooth.
- Chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of vegetable oil in a frying pan over low heat.
- Pour in ¼ cup (60 mL) of the batter
- Drop some of the strawberries in the batter while cooking.
- When the edges begin to brown, and the top is covered with bubbles, flip the pancake over.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
Variation: Replace the strawberries with other diced fruit that your toddler may enjoy such as bananas or blueberries. Bananas are an excellent source of potassium and blueberries are high in antioxidants!
Serving Suggestions: Place the cooked pancakes on a plate and use cookie cutters to create fun shapes for your toddler! Garnish with fresh fruit.
Food Guide Serving Equivalents:
1 serving of Grain Products
Nutritional Information per serving (1 pancake)
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat)||15-24 mg|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age