If your baby seems to be spitting up excessively, ask your baby's doctor about thickened formulas created to help reduce spit up.
Also, try these simple hints:
- Make each feeding as relaxed as possible for him.
- Feed him smaller amounts.
- Try to avoid disruptions like bright lights or unusual noises during a feeding.
- If your baby is crying and frantic with hunger, calm her before the feeding. That might prevent her from gulping air.
- Keep your baby in an upright position while you feed her.
- Burp your baby after every 2-3 fluid ounces.
- Avoid bouncing and very active play right after eating.
- Make sure the hole in the bottle's nipple is the right size. When you turn the bottle upside down, a few drops of formula should come out. Then the dripping should stop.
Read about Enfamil A+ for feeding babies who frequently Spit Up