Pregnant and breastfeeding Moms need certain nutrients to help build a strong foundation for their baby's development. So we're sharing new and exciting recipes that include them, from magnificent meals packed with protein to delicious dishes that include healthy fats. You may not be able to decide what's more fun, cooking or eating all these scrumptious meals.
Triple B Health Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Makes: 12 muffins (1 per serving)
12-cup muffin tin, lightly greased or lined with paper cups These healthy muffins are a great source of dietary fibre and a good choice for breakfast or a mid-morning snack. Learn more about fibre
|1 cup||whole wheat flour||250 mL|
|1 cup||wheat bran or oat bran||250 mL|
|1 cup||fresh or frozen blueberrie||250 mL|
|1 tsp||baking soda||5 mL|
|1 tsp||baking powder||5 mL|
|2||ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup/250 mL)||2|
|1||egg, lightly beaten||1|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar||125 mL|
|1/2 cup||milk||125 mL|
|1/4 cup||vegetable oil||50 mL|
|1 tsp||vanilla||5 mL|
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, wheat bran, blueberries, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine bananas, egg, sugar, milk, oil and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, filling each two-thirds full.
- Bake in preheated oven 400º F (200° C) for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrients per Serving
From Chuey P., Campbell E., Waisman M.S.: Dietitians of Canada. Simply Great Food. Toronto, Ontario; Robert Rose Inc. 2007