Pregnant and breastfeeding Moms need certain nutrients to help build a strong foundation for their baby's development. So we're sharing new and exciting recipes that include them, from magnificent meals packed with protein to delicious dishes that include healthy fats. You may not be able to decide what's more fun, cooking or eating all these scrumptious meals.
Salmon Roll-Up Snacks
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 24 snack sized servings
1 serving = 1/2 roll-up
These salmon roll-up snacks are quick and easy to prepare and they are a great source of DHA (an Omega-3 fat). Learn more about DHA
|12 slices||DHA-enriched 100% whole wheat bread||12 slices|
|1||sockeye salmon canned (170g/6 oz) (drained and mashed)||1|
|1/4 cup||low fat mayonnaise||50 mL|
|1 tbsp||chopped fresh dill||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice||15 mL|
|1 tbsp||olive oil||15 mL|
- Trim crusts from bread. Flatten with rolling pin to 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thickness.
- Combine salmon, mayonnaise, dill and lemon juice. Place 1 heaping tbsp (15 mL) filling along one end of bread. Roll up and cut in half.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake at 350º F (180º C) for 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.
Nutrients per Serving
|Fat||2.6 grams fat (0.6 g saturated fat)|