As you partner with your paediatrician, you should feel free to ask not only about medical concerns but also about your baby’s developing skills, issues regarding discipline, and other questions you have about child rearing.
Questions you may have at this time include these concerns:
- Can you show me how my baby tracks on growth charts?
- How can I be sure my baby’s getting enough to eat?
- When can I introduce solid foods?
- Are there foods I should avoid serving?
- How should I introduce my baby to a cup?
- Why does my baby cry when I leave the room?
- What kind of toys should my baby have now?
- How should I childproof my home to prepare for when my baby starts to crawl?
- What’s the best way to set limits for my baby?
You may also want to ask about these matters:
- Daily routines (such as sleep schedule or helping your baby fall asleep).
- Your baby’s development compared to other babies of the same age.
- Your baby’s temperament and personality.
- Childcare or returning to work.
- Any concern you have that something is not right.