Language development at the age of 22 months? Discover the development milestones of a 22-month old child.
Toddler Language Development
Keep in mind there are marked differences among toddlers in their word comprehension. Toddlers often understand more words than they can speak. Some language development milestones to expect are the use of self-related words and speaking in short sentences. Once your little one is steady on her feet, you'll be surprised at how much she has to say. You may want to keep a notebook handy. These early thoughts are priceless.
Toddler language development milestones include:
- Distinguishing words
- Toddler communication: understanding others' words and phrases
- Toddler speech development: forming words
- Learning that some things that look alike have different names, like a “cup” and a “juice glass”
- Following simple instructions
- Using gestures along with a word or two to communicate
How Can Nutrition Help Toddler Language Development?
Be sure your little one is getting a balanced diet with all the recommended nutrients, carbohydrates, fat, protein, vitamins and minerals she needs.