Many women manage the breastfeeding/working schedule with a little planning. Whether you go back to work full-time or part-time, you can develop a breastfeeding routine that works for you and your baby.
Here's a schedule that many moms follow:
• Nurse early in the morning, right after your baby wakes up.
• Nurse again just before you leave for work.
• Pump your breast milk 2 or 3 times during the workday. Store it in a refrigerator and bring it home in an insulated cooler with ice packs to feed your baby the next day.
• Have your child-care provider feed your baby the stored breast milk during the day.
• Nurse your baby as soon as you get home from work or pick her up from childcare.
• Nurse during the evening.