Purées are ideal for the initial stages of starting solids. Offering a variety of fruits and vegetables will help boost vitamin and mineral intake. For an infant who is just starting with Nutramigen® A+® with LGG®, this recipe may act as a ‘taste introduction’ and help them get used to the formula.
Makes approximately 3 portions (6 ice cubes)
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 30 ml Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® (1/2 scoop powder to 30 ml water)
- 1 level tsp baby rice cereal
- Steam or stew the apple in a little water until soft.
- Drain and then purée, sieve or mash as required.
- Spoon out one portion and stir in the Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® powder.
- Thicken to the correct texture by adding baby rice cereal.
- The remaining purée may be frozen. Add Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® and baby rice cereal once it has been defrosted.
- Try individual fruits at first to check your baby has no allergic reactions. You can progress to combine 2 or 3 fruits for more flavour variety, such as:
- Apple, pear and a little mashed banana
- ¼ avocado and ¼ small ripe banana (add Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® until the desired consistency is achieved)
- If you prefer, you can add Nutramigen® A+® with LGG® to ready prepared puréed fruit from jars/pouches, but remember to check the ingredients carefully.
For a quick, easy, no-cook meal, choose fruit that is sweet and ripe (or canned in natural juice), such as: ripe pear, papaya (scoop out seeds), peach, banana, mango and melon.LGG and the LGG logo are registered trademarks of Valio Ltd, Finland