Try this Enfagrow ® A+ ® Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese recipe for toddlers!
Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
This is a great recipe that your toddler can help you make!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup /250 mL of whole grain elbow macaroni
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of grated or diced Medium Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Omega-3 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. (7mL) all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. (15mL) butter
- 100 mL 2% milk 1/3 cup (75 mL) prepared Enfagrow® A+ ®Toddler Milk Flavour
- Pinch of pepper and pinch of dry mustard
By using Enfagrow® A+ ® and Omega-3 eggs, you can add between 41-66 mg of DHA (an Omega-3 fat) per serving. DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat) is important for your toddler’s normal brain and eye development.†
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the macaroni according to package directions until tender but firm.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the milk, prepared Enfagrow® A+® Toddler Milk Flavour, cheese, eggs, flour, butter, mustard and pepper. Process until blended and fairly smooth.
- When the macaroni is ready, drain well and return to the pot.
- Add the cheese mixture. Cook gently, stirring constantly, until mixture is creamy, smooth and thick (about 3-5 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and serve.
Food Guide Serving Equivalents:
1 serving of grain products 2 serving of milk and alternatives
Nutritional Information per serving
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 Fat)||41-66 mg|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)||>100|
Note: Nutritional analysis is approximate and may vary depending on ingredient brands used and temperature of cooking
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age †Primarily in children up to 24 months of age