Try this Enfagrow ® A+ ® Hummus recipe for toddlers!
Makes 10 servings
- 2 cans (2 x 540 mL can) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) lemon, juice
- 2 cup (500 mL) tahini
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 200 mL (1 serving) prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour
Hummus is a source of complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. Hummus is also a fantastic source of iron and fiber!
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and salt in a food processor.
- Slowly add prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour to the mixture while blending on a low setting until smooth (approx. 3-5 minutes).
- Serve as a dip with pieces of whole grain pita.
- Use to top pieces of whole grain toast, bagel or melba toast.
- Use as a sandwich filling.
- Spread over a whole grain tortilla, then roll up and cut cross-wise into rounds.
- Serve as a dip for vegetables such as carrots or cucumbers.
- Use to stuff halved cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with diced cooked chicken or even fish.
Food Guide Serving Equivalents:
1/2 serving of meat and alternatives
Nutritional Information per serving
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat)||2 mg|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)|
Note: Nutritional analysis is approximate and may vary depending on ingredient brands used and temperature of cooking
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age