Try this Enfagrow ® A+ ® Banana Muffins recipe for toddlers!
Makes about 18 muffins
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) brown sugar
- 5 tsp (25 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) oats
- 2 Omega-3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 6 tbsp (100 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 serving (200 mL) of prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 200° C (400° F).
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and oats) in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs, oil, prepared Enfagrow® A+ ® Toddler Vanilla or Milk Flavour
- Stir with a fork until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill well-greased muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
Apple Raisin Variation: Add 5 mL (1 tsp) of ground cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Replace banana with the same amount of applesauce 250 mL (1 cup). Add 175 mL (2/3 cup) of raisins.
Food Guide Serving Equivalents:
1 serving of Grain Products
Nutritional Information per serving (1 muffin)
|Selected Key Nutrients||Amount|
|DHA (a type of Omega-3 fat)||9-15 mg|
|Selected Key Nutrients||% Daily Requirements per Serving*|
|Niacin (Vitamin B3)||25|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||22|
*Recommended Dietary Allowances/Adequate Intakes for toddlers 1-3 years of age