Pregnant and breastfeeding Moms need certain nutrients to help build a strong foundation for their baby's development. So we're sharing new and exciting recipes that include them, from magnificent meals packed with protein to delicious dishes that include healthy fats. You may not be able to decide what's more fun, cooking or eating all these scrumptious meals.
Cheesy Bean Burrito (meatless meal)
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
Oven baked burritos are a quick to the table supper the whole family can enjoy. Using convenient canned beans, pre-washed spinach, and pre-shredded cheese is an easy way to get calcium into your diet. Learn more about calcium
|1box||pinto beans, drained and rinsed can (19 oz/540 mL)||1|
|1/4 cup||mild medium or hot tomato salsa||50 mL|
|1 tbsp||taco seasoning mix||15 mL|
|4||low fat whole wheat flour tortillas large (burrito-size)||4|
|1- 1/3 cup||shredded reduced fat mild cheddar cheese||325 mL|
|2 cups||baby spinach leaves||500 mL|
|1/2 cup||nonfat or reduced fat sour cream||125 mL|
|1/4 cup||chopped green onions||50 mL|
- Preheat oven to 350 º F (180º C).
- In medium bowl, combine beans, salsa, and taco seasoning mix; with potato masher or fork, mash into coarse purée.
- Arrange tortillas on work surface. Spoon 1/4 of bean mixture down centre of each. Top with 1/3cup (75 mL) cheese followed by 1/2 cup (125 mL) spinach.
- Fold in ends of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam-side-down on ungreased baking sheet. Cover loosely with piece of foil and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of green onions.
Nutrients per Serving
|Fat||8 grams fat (4.7 g saturated fat)|