Discover the benefits of breastfeeding for you and your baby. Explore the information below to learn why breast milk is the optimal nutrition option, along with other advantages of breastfeeding that you may have never heard about!
Benefits of Breastfeeding:
There are numerous and significant breastfeeding advantages for you and your little one:
- Breast milk naturally adapts to match the changing nutritional needs of your baby as he grows.
- Breast milk delivers important antibodies to your baby, to help prevent against illnesses, allergies, and infections (ear, chest and stomach).
- Breastfeeding provides an ideal opportunity to bond with your baby.
- You'll benefit from faster recovery after pregnancy and delivery.
- You may possibly have a lower risk of breast cancer and diabetes later in life.
- Breast milk is convenient, fresh, and always at the right temperature.
- Breast milk is an environmentally-friendly feeding choice.
- Breastfeeding helps your uterus return to its normal size faster.
Learn more about the benefits of breastfeeding with this article about Vitamin D and breast milk