Pregnant and nursing mothers require adequate amounts of essential nutrients each day in order to nourish healthy growth and development. Learn more about Protein.
What Does It Do?
- Building block of your muscles and organs
- Makes antibodies and hormones
- Makes up 75% of your body tissue
- Helps maintain fluid balance
How Much Do We Need?
In the first half of your pregnancy, your protein needs are the same as they were before you became pregnant which is 46 g/day or 0.8 g/kg/day. In the second half of your pregnancy, your protein needs increase to 71 g/day or 1.1 g/kg/day. Breastfeeding women also need 71 g/day or 1.3 g/kg/day.
Where Can I Get It?
- A combination of plant based foods, like beans and rice
Try our protein-packed lamb kebabs recipe or chicken parmesan strips