Pregnant and nursing mothers require adequate amounts of essential nutrients each day in order to nourish healthy growth and development. Learn more about Calcium.
What Does It Do?
- Calcium helps your baby's bones develop and harden during your third trimester
- Helps build strong healthy teeth
- Aids in blood clotting
- Helps muscle contraction
- Assists nerve transmission
How Much Do We Need?
During pregnancy and breastfeeding, doctors recommend you get 1000-1300 mg of calcium per day
Where Can I Get It?
- Milk, cheese, yogurt
- Broccoli, kale, spinach
- Beans, tofu, soymilk
- Calcium-fortified orange juice
- Canned sardines, salmon with bones
- Vitamin D will help your body absorb calcium.
Try our calcium-rich cheesy bean burrito recipe.